DRIVER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform product deliveries along designated routes, and other associated duties to guarantee customer satisfaction.
- Read invoices, delivery memos, pick tickets, and other records to guarantee the accuracy of all orders.
- Perform daily pre-trip- Inspect vehicle equipment, such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water, and request service and repairs as needed.
- Assemble orders for timely delivery to customer businesses, ensuring accurate delivery windows for each route stop.
- Place delivered products in assigned storage locations at each route stop according to customer requests.
- Maintain accuracy of delivered product with no damage due to mishandling.
- Accountable for product rotation, merchandising of primary and secondary display areas, replenishment of shelf stock inventory.
- Immediately communicate problems to O’Connor Distributing Supervisor by phone.
- Delivery cases may include the use of hand trucks, ramps, stairs, or other functions in the movement of cases.
- Manage multiple assignments and tasks, ensuring appropriate use of time, equipment, and materials.
- Adhere to O’Connor Distributing policies and procedures to ensure compliance with safety guidelines.
- Comply with traffic laws and obey transportation and traffic procedures.
- Remain DOT compliant and aware of DOT changes in guidelines.
- Convey O’Connor Distributing’s policy of professional appearance and conduct.
- Complete administrative tasks and related paperwork to guarantee the efficiency of delivery operations.
- Review customer concerns to determine if items need to be moved, collected, and review deliveries of the incorrect product.
- Report mechanical problems, delays, accidents, or other traffic situations to O’Connor Distributing supervisors.
- Turn in invoices and monies received from customer deliveries.
- Maintain records, including vehicle logs, & keep the interior of truck organized and clean.
- Must possess a valid, current Class A CDL (No Class B) and Arkansas driver license with acceptable DMV record
- At least 1 year of route driving experience
- Must be 21 years old
- Knowledge of customer service standards and quality standards
- Ability to use new applications and learn our Encompass Technologies software
- Ability to do the repetitive lifting of 50lbs from floor to shelf level and 100lbs with help
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math skills required
- Self-motivated; customer-focused
- Excellent relationship management and relational skills
- Detail-oriented, prioritize important action items, problem solver, active listener, independent thinker
- Commitment to O’Connor Distributing company principles and standards
- High school diploma or GED
Must pass physical and drug screen
Salary Range & Benefits available
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Profit-Sharing Plan
The application can be filled out and downloaded and completed from the “Careers” Page. Please be sure to upload the application via the “Careers” page or email (best option) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.