POSITION: Sales Representative – O’Connor Distributing Three River Beverage Division
FULL TIME: Travel required with selling territory
LEVEL/SALARY RANGE: $35,500-$45,500
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: We are a third-generation family-owned Beer Distributor servicing 25 counties across the state of Arkansas. Our company is focused on expanding our distribution and market share while exhibiting a high standard of excellence in the beer distribution business.
- Build healthy business relationships and establish good communication with our retail customers
- Work collaboratively with customers to establish their needs and design solutions that fulfill them
- Leverage relationships with accounts to sell new brands
- Engage in regular call frequency on assigned retail accounts to sell product, gain distribution, merchandise and stock product
- Promote O’Connor Distributing brands at retail through promotions, consumer education and merchandising
- Execute all company goals to enhance the sales, distribution, shelf space, display coverage, tap share and merchandising of all brands carried by O’Connor Distributing
- Build product displays; execute placement of signage and other merchandising material to ensure maximum brand visibility in all assigned retail accounts; maintain the “Look of the Leader”
- Remain aware of and execute basic marketing activity as it relates to our sales channels (i.e. ad features, out-of-stocks, retailer policies and concerns)
- Identify merchandising opportunities at the account and make recommendations to a customer
- Regularly replace merchandising material at customer accounts to coincide with marketing programs
- Ensure maximum visibility of O’Connor Distributing products at account (beer shelves, beer caves, displays, etc.) and that products are priced appropriately
- Organize and refill back stock, coolers, beer shelves and displays
- Maintain designated back stock area at customer location; ensure area is organized and free of trash
- Maintain product freshness standards in assigned retail accounts by monitoring and rotating stock regularly
- Remain aware of all O’Connor Distributing product offerings and the individual value they provide
- Regularly monitor inventory to ensure proper stock levels and rotation
- Attend daily meetings (morning and/or afternoon) with Area Sales Manager to discuss market opportunities and challenges
- Communicate all sales and merchandising opportunities or challenges (product placements, out of stocks, out of code), as well as any competitive activity, to Area Sales Manager
- Project a friendly, professional image at all times
- Prioritize multiple, competing priorities
- Attend meetings as required
- Operate all company equipment safely and in a manner consistent with company policy
- Ensure company equipment is in safe, working condition; report any incidents or unsafe conditions immediately to supervisor
- Maintain and keep clean assigned company vehicle at all times
- Complete assigned surveys (for example, number of O’Connor Distributing retail displays compared to competition) in order to gauge internal results versus competition
- Assist with special event activity in assigned territory
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to coordinate multiple activities and follow through with commitments
- Good oral and written communication skills and participate well in a team environment
- Must be highly motivated and results-oriented, with strong attention to detail
- Must be organized with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must be 21 yrs. or older to apply
- Must have a valid Arkansas driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Ability to move products weighing up to 165 lbs., stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Ability to learn and effectively use the handheld sales unit
- Proper grooming and a professional appearance are mandatory for both men and women, this includes: body order, third-hand smoke odor, hair off the collar, beards and mustaches must be trimmed neatly and clean.
- High school graduate or GED required
A DRUG SCREEN AND PHYSICAL WILL BE REQUIRED.
All successful applicants must share a commitment to O’Connor Distributing goals and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. In exchange, we offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
We have sought to create an environment in which the contributions of each employee at O’Connor Distributing are fully valued. This means more than simply treating one another with respect; it also means giving full consideration to how all our people who have many diverse racial, cultural, and social backgrounds can positively impact the quality of the decisions we make about our business.
Here at O’Connor Distributing, we recognize that our workforce reflects the increasingly diverse nature of our society, and we want to do all we can to take advantage of that diversity with both our external and internal customers. We believe our differences are also our strengths, and we want to do all we can to use those strengths to find more creative solutions for the business challenges we face. O’Connor Distributing is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Salary Range & Benefits available
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Profit-Sharing Plan
The application can be filled out, downloaded and completed from the “Careers” Page. Please be sure to upload the application via the “Careers” page or email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications Accepted by Fax: 870-534-6202.